Confirmation for Adults is a program of preparation to receive the Catholic sacrament of Confirmation. The sacrament is for those adults who are already participating in the life, mission, and work of the faith community.
Candidates for this sacrament should:
- Be a registered parishioner.
- Be a baptized Catholic providing a current baptismal certificate within the last 6 months.
- Have made their First Communion.
- If married, must have been married in the Catholic Church.
- Attend Sunday mass on a regular basis.
- Have a Sponsor for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Confirmation candidates are encouraged to serve the parish in a specific ministry and/or participate as a volunteer in a local service agency such as St Vincent Depaul or join other ministries within the parish community.
To be a Sponsor for Confirmation, a Candidate must:
- Be a fully initiated Catholic; has received Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Eucharist.
- If married, has been married in the Catholic Church.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Be a witness to the faith and someone who will walk with the confirmandi’s faith journey during and after the sacramental celebration.
For more information and to register, please contact Deacon Steve at email@example.com.